The Reading Public Museum offers scheduled workshops and sleepovers that align with its mission and the requirements for various Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, and Scouts BSA.
The Museum is the perfect place for your scouts to earn a variety of badges! From our collections featuring a 2,000-year-old mummy to art from around the world, to our 25-acre Arboretum, to our state-of-the-art Neag Planetarium, we have many incredible experiences to share with your scouts. All workshops are led by qualified, enthusiastic Museum Educators.
What we offer:
• Scheduled Workshops at The Museum: Choose to come to The Museum on workshop days already scheduled! See below for scheduled workshop days. Registration is required. ***PLEASE NOTE***: Some workshops are scheduled through Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania and some are schedueled through The Museum.
• Private Workshops at The Museum: Can't come to The Museum on a scheduled day? Choose from our complete list of scout programs. See reservation form for programs and pricing. Call us today to book your troops Private workshop.
• RPM Scouts on the Go: Can't come to The Museum? Let us come to you! Choose from our complete list of scout programs, see reservation form for programs and pricing. Each program is 2 hours in length and includes all supplies and instruction. Pricing is $200 per every 10 participants.
• Scout Sleepovers: Spend a night at The Museum exploring, learning, and having fun! Choose from our complete list of scout programs. Sleepovers can be scheduled for Friday evening to Saturday morning. Sleepovers include evening snack, breakfast, all supplies and instruction. See reservation form for pricing. Registration is required.
• Other Club and Scouting Organizations: Are you a member of another scouting group, club, or organization? Contact us to schedule a workshop or overnight tailored to your organization and achievement requirements.
• CONTACT INFO: Rebeka Birch, 610.371.5850 x258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scheduled Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania Program Partner Workshops and Overnights
A minimum of 1 leader is required for every 10 scouts. Workshops are for scouts only. Day programs include Museum Admission. Registration is required and is through Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania: http://www.gsep.org/online-registration/
Cadette Outdoor Art Apprentice Workshop Saturday, October 5, 2019 | 1 - 4 p.m. $25/scout, $6/parent
Senior Science of Style Workshop Saturday, October 19, 2019 | 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. $25/scout, $6/parent
Junior Entertainment Technology Overnight Friday, November 1, 6 p.m. to Saturday November 2, at 8:30am $47/scout, $15/parent
Museum Scheduled Girl Scout Workshops and Overnights
A minimum of 1 leader is required for every 10 scouts. Workshops are for scouts only. Day programs include Museum Admission. Registration is required please contact Rebeka Birch at email@example.com or by phone at 610.371.5850 x258 Reservation deadline is the Tuesday prior to the program. Register early, as programs fill quickly!
FOR DAISY SCOUTS
Sunny and Zinny Petal Workshop (petals NOT included) Sunday, September 29 | 9 - 11:30 a.m. $20/scout, $6/parent
Outdoor Art Maker (badge included) Saturday, November 16 | 9 - 11:30 a.m. $25/Scout, $6/parent
FOR BROWNIE SCOUTS
Outdoor Art Creator(badge included) Sunday, September 29 | 1 - 4 p.m. $25/scout, $6/parent