events: for members
- Museum will be open normal hours, everyday from 11am – 5pm
- Museum & Planetarium will operate at 50% occupancy.
- Continued compliance with all CDC recommendations including masks required inside for all adults, recommended for children
- Regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces, with special focus on interactive components of exhibits.
- Water fountains remain turned off and no food may be consumed while inside.
- Planetarium: will operate at 50 percent occupantcy, wipe-down of seats occurs after each show, purchase tickets at Museum admissions desk.
- Please visit the CDC website to complete a self-check for your safety and others before visiting The Museum. CDC health self-check link.
The Reading Public Museum is ready and willing to welcome guests back for a full slate of safe and educational fall programming. For our family programming, here are some of the steps we have taken help ensure your safety and comfort:
- When possible, the timing of each program has been adjusted to take place at times when The Museum is not open to the public or programs will be held in a non-public location.
- Program attendance is limited to 25 guests indoors and 50 guests outdoors and reservations MUST be made for all programs.
- Seating will be appropriately socially distanced in accordance with CDC and Department of Health guidelines.
- Activity supplies will be individually packaged when possible to limit touch points.
- Masks will be worn by all Museum staff at all times.
- Guests will be required to wear masks in accordance with current PA Department of Health and CDC guidelines.
- Guests will have the option to enter and exit the Museum through a private entrance to avoid other museumgoers.
Exhibits, events, & extras